Monday, June 8, 2009

iFrustrated

Today is the first day of the WWDC in San Francisco. It starts in a few hours but there have been weeks of buzz about it. I bought an iPhone two weeks ago. I asked AT&T and Best Buy, "I heard that there is a new iPhone coming out this summer. 32gb?" Both assured me, there is not a new phone coming out, just the 3.0 upgrade. Now I am sure the new phone is coming out, probably announced today. That pisses me off. I have never had any luck whatsoever with Apple's customer service. I have had 2 iPods that the hard drives failed. Both a month out of warranty. At the Apple store, they looked at me with pitty and kept reminding me I should have gotten the extended plan. Or, as I took it, "we don't care about you chump! We make millions off of plenty of people, why should we give a crap what you think. We're Apple, you ain't sh*t." The lady next to me had a MacBook that went out of warranty the next day, when she heard my ranting she asked if she would have had to buy a new laptop if she had been a day late and the "genius" said, "Yup."

This brings me to my latest fear. "Hey, I was told there wouldn't be a new iPhone, and there is. I don't want this one, I want the new one." I have gone over some strategies in my head. I take the iphone back within 30 days, tell them I don't like it, wait for the new one and get it then. Sell my iPhone on craigslist, then use the money to buy the new one when it is released. I would probably die of a heart attack if I went to Best Buy and said the above quote and they said, "Here. Take the new iPhone. I would be frustrated too if I were you. We aim to exceed your expectations of customer service and so does Apple. Enjoy." Imagine???

I guess I'm like an addict. I have never felt "love" from Apple. I don't think they care about their consumers, yet I continue to use mac exclusively. I gues it is a love/hate thing. I'm the dork who has an Apple OSX keychain. Yes, I should have researched it a little more on the internet, but even a few weeks ago the concensus seemed to be that a new iPhone wasn't coming. I just wish for once Apple would do right by me and show me a little "love" for the 3 iPods that I have owned, the MacBook Pro, the iMac, the iPhone and the thousands I have spent on apps and iTunes. Oh yeah, and the keychain. I have read about a few people in my situation and I look forward to reading how badly it hurt when they got screwed. Yeah, not even a kiss. If a new iPhone comes out of WWDC this week, you'll see me wincing as I walk from the pain. Knowing me though, I'll still answer my iPhone and use my iPod as I mow the lawn, all the while cursing Apple for laughing at me behind my back. I know they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment